In Search For My “Friendly Friend”

17 Feb

In Search for my “Friendly Friend”

It is said that if you ask a woman to describe what she wants in a husband, she will describe her best friend.

Well I’m glad my husband wasn’t looking for a wife that was like his best friend cause a “Tarzan” I am not.

Malichi 2:14b “”…She is your companion and your wife by covenant…”

The dictionary shows the pan in the middle of the word companion. Pan is the word for bread. Bread is a comfort food. The dictionary has the definition for companion as one who accompanies another.

The Hebrew root word for companion implies intimate partner; accomplice.

THIS EXCITES ME!!!

I’ll tell you why. It is because God made something in husbands that will make them want to be with their wife. And vice versa. He made something in wives that makes them want to be around their hubbies.

YeeHaa! Is that the way you spell it? I don’t know!?! In Los Angeles they say, “What it is”. I think?

I have heard wives tell me for over 40 years, “I don’t know what my husband wants?”

Okay, listen up girls. I’ll tell you!

He wants his GIRLFRIEND back! The one he married. He wants his FRIENDLY FRIEND. He wants his CHEERLEADER!

Has anyone seen her??? Well he hasn’t either for a long time. POOR GUY!

You know that game “‘Where in the world is Waldo? Well where in the world is ____________________.

Maybe she is watching the Food Network Channel. No? Maybe she is texting her entourage instead of paying attention to her husband. No? Maybe she is Shopping. No? Maybe she is busy with the children. No?

Right now I have your attention. You are saying all sorts like:

“I work hard and I am tired when I get home.”

“How do I know what he wants to do? He doesn’t even talk to me.”

“I have kids and they have needs. What am I suppose to do?”

“He has his own hobbies and friends and could care less what I do!”

“I’ll be honest, he is just boring. I do my thing and he does his.”

“I tried. He doesn’t want to be with me.”

“I have other things that are more inspiring than to spend time with him.”

“He is fine just the way he is. Don’t rock the boat.”

“Oh! All of the above.”

Ok girls, I’ll mind my own business (MYOB). I have an assignment for you wives that are any of the above. It’s easy. All you need is a black marker. Are you ready? This is easy!! Start marking out of your bible all the verses that call you a companion or a helpmeet. Don’t forget Proverbs 31. The virtuous woman whose husband is known in the gates, his heart safely trusts in her, he has no lack of gain, she does him good and not evil all the days of her life, and he praises her because of all her thoughtfulness. Don’t forget Song of Solomon, etc.

Now for the wives that don’t have a black marker in their hand. Ask him what he wants to do. Sit and watch football with him. Go see those movies where everything blows up. Go visit your in-laws with him. Go to a game with him. Learn about his hobby or sport. Go sit with him in the garage while he exercises. Seem interested and ask him questions about what he likes. Smile at him. Give him gifts (small and not expensive). Go for a walk with him. Tell him you love him. Listen to him. Listen to him. Listen to him.

Read this once: If you don’t find a babysitter for your children, your husband will find a babysitter for him.

Where in the world did his GIRLFRIEND go? God expects you to be his CHEERLEADER, his FRIENDLY FRIEND!

NOTE: Daily we change the post. Subscribe so you don’t miss out.

NOTE: Partner with us to help someone elses marriage. Put this blog on your facebook. We never know whose marriage we are saving.

23 Responses to “In Search For My “Friendly Friend””

1. Alicia Perez February 17, 2011 at 6:04 am #

Yah! Another excellent blog!! I wake up looking for them to read and they never disappoint. Thank you for all your hard work! Keep ’em coming!! God bless you and have a beautiful day =)

• nancysalazar February 17, 2011 at 8:00 pm #

Sorry again Alicia. I put your response in the wrong spot. I think I finally got it right. lol!!

2. Barbara Casas February 17, 2011 at 9:08 am #

Wow! What a great way to start off your day! I love it and look forward for the next one. I find it refreshing and very informative. Keep them coming and thanks. God Bless!

• nancysalazar February 17, 2011 at 8:06 pm #

Thanks Barbara. Keep these marriages in prayer. Yesterday we had 200 viewers.

3. Michelle Gallardo February 17, 2011 at 10:33 am #

I loved loved loved this blog! We defin need to be our husband cheerleader and girlfriend. Thanks Sis Nancy I’m really enjoying these blogs!!!
    p.s. if you haven’t subscribed you should because you automatically receive these emails at 4 am daily

• nancysalazar February 17, 2011 at 12:54 pm #

Thanks Alicia. You are an encouragement to every wife. Also, I appreciate all your techno help. Everything you do is one cut above and God loves the extra effort we make for his honor and glory. Have a blessed eve.

• nancysalazar February 17, 2011 at 1:07 pm #

Hi Michelle! We have to put on our cheerleading outfits everyday. Even if they don’t fit like they use to. Lol!! I appreciate all the help you give to help fight for marriages. You are an inspiration to me

4. Angela Terrazas February 17, 2011 at 12:13 pm #

Wow, thank you for that..I really needed to be reminded of how i adored my husband when we were just boyfriend and girlfriend..I just wanted to be wherever he was! No matter where he was…(and it was doing mostly doing things he wanted to do) but i was just so happy and even felt privileged to be included!

Yes, I need to find that girl again! Thank you Sis Nancy!

• nancysalazar February 17, 2011 at 12:41 pm #

Thanks for your comment Angela. I am sure it will help others. Please partner with me and let others know about this blog. They can subscribe and it will come automatically. We can fight together against the devils destruction on marriages.

5. Frenchie Jaramillo February 17, 2011 at 1:05 pm #

Thanks alot Sis Nancy. I really did need this. “where in the world did his girlfriend go?” is what got me and i did need to be reminded of how our relationship was then, but yes i do need to make that time to spend with this awesome husband of mine. Sis maryanne told me to read your blogs and im loving them! Keep the blogs coming =)

• nancysalazar February 17, 2011 at 7:16 pm #

Thanks Frenchie. Welcome aboard! We are all in this together. Statistics show that half of our marriages will not make it. We are going to beat those numbers! The devil is defeated as we fight for our marriages in prayer, praise and Gods wisdom. Tell others to subscribe at no cost. As we bless other marriages, God multiplies us a hundred-fold.
      Have a blessed eve.

6. michelle February 17, 2011 at 1:08 pm #

THis is good stuff thanks for ur time sis nancy…. I been praying for this very subject… Just what i need to hear i look forward to these and the ignite blogs

• nancysalazar February 17, 2011 at 7:57 pm #

Thanks you for the images. We all need a reminder don’t we. 😀

7. Monique Brown February 17, 2011 at 4:22 pm #

LOVED this!

We need to be reminded to give a little more and do a little more for our husband!

Thanks for your insight.

• nancysalazar February 17, 2011 at 7:55 pm #

Thanks Monique. You are a beautiful mother-to-be and wife.

8. Jocelyn Udell February 17, 2011 at 4:52 pm #

thanks Sis Nancy you are so cute! I really appreciate this and so will my hubby!

9. nancysalazar February 17, 2011 at 7:54 pm #

Thanks Joy for fighting the good fight. You and Josh are an inspiration to us all.

10. Cindy Armendariz February 18, 2011 at 9:27 am #

I feel like i am in our marriage makeover class every day now. My hubby and I are determined to pass on the fire that burns in your heart for all marriages. Excellent post. Keep them coming.

• nancysalazar February 18, 2011 at 11:39 am #

Thanks so much for your comment. I am determined to change the divorce statistics especially in the Christian community. Thanks for the part that you have been in it. God will bless you hundredfold.

11. Belinda February 18, 2011 at 7:16 pm #

Sister Nancy – Thank You! I am enjoying all the insightful info regarding marriage. Especially this last blog. I always need to be reminded of the Proverbs 31 woman (I get so convicted to do better).

• nancysalazar March 22, 2011 at 8:15 pm #

Thanks for your comment Belinda. And thanks for having a marriage that is an excellent testimony to many lives. You are a blessing.

12. Christina Heraldez February 19, 2011 at 1:25 pm #

Awesome insight and daily reminders! Thanks for imparting your wisdom!

• nancysalazar February 19, 2011 at 3:09 pm #