12 THINGS SATAN DOES TO GET VICTORY OVER CHRISTIANS

15 May

12 THINGS SATAN DOES TO GET VICTORY OVER CHRISTIANS

Satan said to a convention of Demons, “As long as Christians stay close to God, we have no power over them.  So here are 12 things you can do to get victory over Christians.”

1)  Keep them busy with non essentials.

2)  Tempt them to overspend and go into debt.

3)  Make them work long hours to maintain empty life styles.

8)  Put glamour models on TV  and on magazine covers to keep them focused on outward appearances.  That way they will be dissatisfied with themselves and dissatisfied with their mates.

10)  Make Santa and the easter bunny bigger than Jesus to divert them from remembering the real meaning of the holiday.

11)  Involve them in good causes so they won’t have time for eternal ones.

*  B=BEING

*  U=UNDER

*  S=SATANS

*  Y=YOKE

This article was supplied by Lisa Banks.

NOTE:  Don’t miss tomorrows post.  Daily there is a new post.

About these ads

74 Responses to “12 THINGS SATAN DOES TO GET VICTORY OVER CHRISTIANS”

1. carla m davis May 22, 2011 at 5:28 am #

Thank you so much for posting this. I heard Dr. David Jeremiah from Shadow Mountain Baptist Church San Diego, Ca quote these is a sermon that aired today May 22, 2011. It is wonderful to have as a reference.

• nancysalazar May 22, 2011 at 5:14 pm #

Hi Carla! Thanks for the information. If you find out who wrote it let me know. Someone just gave me a copy for I decided it would benefit many people. Have a blessed day!

2. Clifford Malone-Hollins May 22, 2011 at 8:50 am #

I too. heard Pastor David Jeremiah quote this great devotional truth today in his sermon! It was so inspiring until I decided to make it apart of my collection of great writing. Thank You!

• nancysalazar May 22, 2011 at 5:16 pm #

Hi Clifford! Thanks also to you for letting me know. If you find out who wrote it, let me know. Have a blessed day and thanks for reading my post!

3. josie livingstone May 23, 2011 at 6:12 am #

Thanks Nancy for posting this. I heard it last night too from Dr.David Jeremiah and was looking for this article online then I saw your posting. I knew my busy lifestyle was not right; I felt its “emptiness” effects. But it was only last night when I heard Dr. Jeremiah’s message about the “enemy” that I realized the devil uses busyness as one of his tools. I have always blamed myself for my busy lifestyle, but God revealed to me last night that the devil is also actively involved in helping me become busy all the time!

• nancysalazar May 23, 2011 at 6:43 am #

Hi Josie! I loved your comment. Yes, the devil does keep up busy and especially when you are a married. That is what destroys marriage. If you are married, everyday I have a new post on marriage. Only on Sundays I post an article from someone else. If you aren’t married, you can still glean from the godly principles. Also, feel free to pass my blog address to any wife needing encouragement in her marriage. God has laid this on my heart, and he inspires me daily from start to finish on what is needed for that day. Have a blessed day!

4. Simeon Young Sr. October 7, 2011 at 9:23 am #

My name is Simeon Young Sr. I am the editor of the Pentecostal Herald. I would like to have permission to run your “12 THINGS SATAN DOES TO GET VICTORY OVER CHRISTIANS” in the magazine.

• nancysalazar October 7, 2011 at 4:15 pm #

Hi Simeon! I don’t mind at all if you run it in your Herald. The problem is that I don’t know where it came from. A woman at my church gave it to me. I try to put items on that will help people with their marriage. I am very appreciative that you enjoyed it. You have my permission to put on anything you see. When I know who the author is I note it on the top or bottom. Most of the time it is mine. I travel a lot speaking so when I am out of town, I put other peoples articles. The problem with my articles is that I am definitely not a professional writer. I just “talk from my heart” and my heart is for the damaged children of divorces. My office number is (562) 929-6034. If I locate the writer, I will let you know. Thanks for your inquiry. Nancy Salazar

5. Ron January 22, 2012 at 2:49 pm #

I’m curious about this post… Number 10 on your list. Please explain in what ways “Satan” makes Santa (funny how they have the same letters rearranged – must be more of the devil’s work) bigger than Jesus at Xmas and what this supposed true meaning of Xmas is that Christians should be investing more time in.

Also the following – “Satan said to a convention of Demons, “As long as Christians stay close to God, we have no power over them. So here are 12 things you can do to get victory over Christians.” Where and when did this conversation take place and can you provide evidence for it having taken place and can you also provide evidence for the existence of said “Satan and Demons”.

I await your response and look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Ron

6. nancysalazar January 22, 2012 at 7:58 pm #

Hi Ron! Thanks for your comment. First, I want to let you know that I did not write this post, it was given to me by a friend. The author is unknown. Gods word says that there is a satan and demons. His word is good enough for me. A good book for you to read is “Evidence that demands a verdict” by Josh McDowell. He goes into the validity of the scriptures. Satan can never make anyone or thing bigger than Jesus. But he sure does try. The Easter bunny and santa don’t bother me at all but as a Christian, I try to promote the resurrection and birth of Christ during Easter and Christmas. During Christmas and Easter it is a time when non-believers think about going to church. As a believer, we try to build an arena for God to move in. I know that my answer won’t satisfy every thought you may have. That is where the Holy Spirit comes in. He is our guide, teacher, comforter, and etc. He guides us into all truth.

• Carmella Littlejohn June 22, 2012 at 3:51 am #

Hi Nancy,

It’s June 2012, and I just heard Dr. Jeremiah read this poem as well. One thing I’d like to day is after, reading the comments, I want to commend you for not falling for the trap Ron has tried to set. Your reply and non reply speaks volumes especially when we Christians forget that God tells us to be of few qords, speak less hear more.

Thanks for posting this.

• Ron June 22, 2012 at 7:57 am #

Carmella, are you feeling OK? I only ask because you talk in riddles, my dear. If someone writes a non reply to a question, it means they can’t answer it. Therefore they’re stumped. Can’t answer…not didn’t.

What trap did I try to set? The trap of ‘seeking knowledge?’ If you’re saying that Satan and demons had a meeting, then I want to know how you know that! I say this, because it’s impossible to prove…therefore it’s not true. And if it’s not true, then what the hell are we giving it time of day?

To say that god’s word is good enough for you, implies 1 of 2 things. One, you believe that the bible is the word of god (which, if you knew anything about history, you’d know was false, it was written by men, all clambering for a spot in the canon) which is about as useful as saying that Harry Potter is evidence of the word of Voldemort and declaring him real. Two, you hear voices and are insane.
        OOOH, or 3, religion is bollocks. You can have 3.

In closing, to commend someone for not answering questions is great for me (thank you!), as it shows me that the pious are running short on their reserve of bullshit. Science is rapidly answering the questions of our wonderful planet and no longer requires the nonsense that you spew. Nancy didn’t neglect to answer them..she COULDN’T answer them. If you know the difference between the two, then you have just sought and received enlightenment. You’re welcome.

Don’t be afraid of letting go of religion, Carmella. It’s not true. It’s a primitive attempt at trying to understand things. But we are no longer primitive. Ever wondered why god never responds? We’re alone Carmella. We ARE the gods of our own fates. Don’t be scared. It’s the greatest thing ever. It’s OK to let go of religion and be free. You get one life. Go enjoy it.

‎”Since it is obviously inconceivable that all religions can be right, the most reasonable conclusion is that they are all wrong.”

- Christopher Hitchens

• nancysalazar May 4, 2013 at 5:14 pm #

Hi Carmella! Thanks so much for your comment. Your words were spoken wisely. God has left His word for us to read, preachers for us to hear, His Son to die and resurrect, and the Holy Spirit to convict (convince) us. If that isn’t enough, nothing else will break a stubborn heart.

7. Ron January 30, 2012 at 2:44 pm #

Nancy. Thanks so much for your reply. I like the fact that you knew your answer wouldn’t be able to meet my question and for your honesty, I am grateful.

But 3 things I have to know, based solely on your reply and now not to do with the post which you did not write.

Firstly, the Holy Spirit. People pray for the holy spirit to guide and teach them, do they not? My first question is, do you think prayer has ever worked or do you think anyone has ever changed gods will by praying for something?

Secondly. Do you think the dates that Christmas and Easter fall upon have anything to do with the supposed life and death of jesus? If so, please elaborate.

Finally, you said Satan can never make anything bigger than Jesus. Without quoting the bible, can you please give evidence of the existence of either Jesus or Satan.
    The only reason I ask for this, is because the bible, to me thus far, is filled with so many contradictions, counter claims and controversial teachings that I cannot rely upon it as a reliable and ethical source material.

I await your response and look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Ron

• Lucas Gwynn June 24, 2012 at 6:26 am #

Dearest Ron,
      First I will lay my cards out on the table it is not that you don’t believe in God it is that you hate Him. You are an Athiest correct? How can you be against something that doesn’t exist, how are we having an argument about God or in your belief being your own god if the concept hadn’t already entered the mindset? I am sure you believe in evolution correct? What evidence do you have for parallel evolution and reaching the same genetic equivalent all over the world? What evidence of the big bang do you have when science can’t prove it? How can you have a chaotic beginning and have empirical testing? All science would be null and void without absolute order. In fact the greatest minds of science in history, were minds that believed in God and order. Isn’t it funny how we came up with scientific laws, but now it is all just theories? Have you read the Bible? If not I would invite you to do so. Canon wasn’t agreed upon til later, there were no men clamoring for a spot on the canon. I am glad to see that you have both faith and belief and I hope you will take the time to do your own research rather than rely on the teachings of others. As followers of Christ we are told to seek knowledge of God not to be mindless drones. Let’s us look at where science and the belief of ones superiority got us as a people devoid of God. Stalin…communism better living through science. That failed and stalin was one of the greatest murderers in history. Facism Hitler: belief in personal superiorty and evolutional superiorty. Let’s follow your idea to conclusion. If we individually are our own gods then why put up with anyone else? Why not exert your superiorty on others? It is your right, are you not god? Shouldn’t you have control over all aspects of your life? But you don’t and even society knows Hitler a mere human that believed in his own superiority was wrong. Why is your superiority better? Your logic is flawed. You are seeking to quarrel to validate yourself when the only ones you will ensnare are those that weren’t God’s already and are guilty and justly deserve His judgement. You are guilty. You know this in your heart. You hate that. Be free from your burdens. God loves you even as the petulant child of His that you are now. Check out Evidence that demands a verdict, or if you really want to undestand how we can be so “deluded” the read Handbook of Christian apologetics. By the way apologetics is the study of the proof and why we believe what we believe. You will never be satisfied with anyones answers on here as you are now. You will continue to argue your opinions with no evidence of your own. It is okay though the blind do not know what they see when they never knew in the first place. Grace and Love of the Lord be upon you. I hope you get to know God. I hope you do get to experience the power, joy, and wonder of prayer and the movement of the hand of God. If not enjoy your life whilst you can, as you put it that’s all you’ve got. I have assurity for an eternal life. Good day. ^_^

• Lucas Gwynn June 24, 2012 at 7:09 am #

Oh and incase I wasn’t clear, if the Bible could be disproven if my faith and that of those that follow Christ could be thrown away, and if this all was meanigless the belief of following after Christ would have died over 2000 years ago. Look up Lord, lunatic, liar, or guru. Yet the church persists? Where it is faltering here in the states because of those twelve reasons, it is growing everywhere else faster than fire could hope to spread. some of the greatest minds in history believed in God and were scientists. Before any scientist knew of molecules the Bible said. The things seen are made of the unseen. Science in the Bible before you got yours. Oh and by the way we still can’t see a molecule let alone any part of it. I am certain of the time to come where you will be judged. Oh can you tell me where the idea of guilt, wrong doing, attonement, and judgement came from if we evolved from animals? They do nothing of any semblance ot it. Oh and if we evolved why is there anything left of our cousins? Aren’t we superior? Wouldn’t we have wiped them out? How did the big bang happen? Where did the stuff for the big bang come from? Why was it there? Why did it cause a big bang? Let me know when your science has an answer. They tried that theory and the universe keeps proving them wrong… oh and one last thing read Handbook of Christian Apologetics. Then you can argue with me all you want, but I am certain you won’t read it. I have no chains I am free. I have joy overwhelming come what may. I have peace whether I have no money or a million dollars. I am sure of the things I have hoped for since they are founded in faith. You can not deter me for I have The Truth. Not what I deem to be the truth not some opinion. Truth is binary. Something is either true or it is not, there is no variance. Read that book and then we can talk. Oh and the only ministers who want big houses are not living according to God’s word. If they are asking for money for doing God’s work then then the money will be invested into God’s work. Look up billy graham andhis life. God bless you and keep you. Good day my faithful, believing friend.

• nancysalazar June 24, 2012 at 7:29 am #

Hi Lucas!

Your questions to me were cut off. Can you please ask them again. Thanks

8. Nikki April 1, 2012 at 5:00 pm #

Thank you so much for this post, Nancy! I have been dealing with the spirit of “busyness” and how to stay focused and well-maintained. It is necessary for believers to stay refreshed so that they can be of benefit to the body of Christ. Not only am I a wife and mother of three, but also a community volunteer. As a female, it can be very difficult to balance, but through the power of the Holy Spirit we can do it. As I mature in my spiritual gifts, I have become more discerning of the spirit realm and how spiritual forces influence human behavior. I will continue to read this post and remain prayerful so that I can maintain my awareness of the tactics of the enemy. Thank You, again!

With God’s Love,

Nikki-

• nancysalazar April 1, 2012 at 7:58 pm #

Hi Nikki! Thanks for your great comment! Boy can I identify with your testimony! Every day I ask God to put me where he wants me and talk with the people He has put before me. If not, I will end up going in circles with my time. Keep up the good work. Life passes fast. Love you much!

9. Nikki April 2, 2012 at 3:37 am #

Amen Sister! I feel like we have kindred spirits because God has also given me a ministry with women and I am truly beginning to walk in that. I have always had a unique ability to connect with and confront pain in women. Now that I am a wife and a mother, I am able to truly relate to the very things that can create the real challenges in our lives as women. It is amazing how God constantly prepares us for the work – sometimes unbeknownst to us. We get the lessons, then the tests and then He releases us to do His will and that is when we have the A-HA moments. I can literally feel myself growing again (it will happen for the rest of my life), but it is always such an awesome experience when I can truly feel that growth. I feel so blessed and ready for the spiritual warfare the lies ahead, but the question is – is Satan ready for me? Through Christ ALL things are possible so I rebuke the spirit of fear and anxiety as I walk in God’s perfect will for my life – this is no easy feat. Many blessings to you!

Love You much too!

N.

10. nancysalazar April 2, 2012 at 3:56 pm #

Hi Nikki! Thanks for your great comment! Glad to hear that you have a ministry with women. Women are emotional creatures and we need constant encouragement. God wants us to make ourselves available to those who are hurting. Keep up the good work and fight the good fight. You are “more than a conqueror.” Love you!

11. sandra_howery@rush.edu April 16, 2012 at 9:12 am #

I was listening to Moody Broadcast 90.1 FM (Chicago) in October 2010 – I wrote the title of the article down as 12 things that the enemy said to his demons. Here it is almost two (2) years later and I finally found your article. I am sharing it with my co-workers. Thank you!

• nancysalazar April 17, 2012 at 5:54 pm #

Hi Sandra! Thanks for your comment. I am so glad we were able to have something that you were looking for. If you know anyone that can use help with their marriage, please let them know about ours. There is a new post daily.

12. Deacon Bill Richer May 7, 2012 at 8:54 am #

I am Deacon Bill Richer a director of youth ministry in West Des Moines , Iowa, I heard this presentation on a program early Sunday morning on Cable TV, from Rev Dr. Jerimiah, really was thought provoking. thanks so much for the insight. In my days years ago in Seminary, one of our instructors taught that for Him He chose not to recognize the evil one in his life, He said he refused to give the Evil one credit for anything. I am sure He acknowledges that Satan exists, but like I said, I enjoyed this 12 things Satan does to get victory over us Christians very much. Thanks , and May God and all the Angels be with you. DB

• nancysalazar May 7, 2012 at 6:52 pm #

Hi Deacon Bill Richer! Thanks so much for your great comment! Your seminary instructor sounds like an anointed man. I totally agree with him. We also should be aware of the devils devices. Have a blessed day!

13. Michelle June 21, 2012 at 7:55 am #

I heard this sermon today driving and googled the list. So happy you have it posted. Going to show my husband and children!

Michelle, Pompano Beach, FL

14. Lynne June 22, 2012 at 11:58 am #

Oh my … poor Ron! I am always amazed at the people who have never ‘read’ let alone ‘studied’ God’s Word who seemingly become such authorities on the Bible! Science does NOT disagree with the Bible, ignorant men disagree with the Bible! God is not subject to man’s evolving and ever changing ‘knowledge’ about the origins of the world etc.I Timothy 6:20 Timothy, guard the Good News which has been entrusted to you. Turn away from pointless discussions and the claims of false knowledge that people use to oppose the Christian faith. 21 Although some claim to have knowledge, they have abandoned the faith.

The Bible was NOT written for the world or to ‘unbelievers’ and Ron this should help you to understand why you DON’T understand God’s Word. It was NOT written for or to you! You are attempting to read someone else’s mail at this point in your life! The Bible was in fact written strictly for and to Believers, those who have chosen to accept Jesus Christ as He has revealed Himself to mankind. (See Romans 1 – you have NO excuse since God has revealed Himself to the entire creation, inwardly (conscience) and outwardly (all of creation)! Believers are then adopted into the family of God as children of God, and have entered into a ‘personal’ intimate relationship with God directly (Romans 5:1-2). As a result Believers (children of the living God) have been given the resident Author (Holy Spirit – Romans 8:1-11) Who not only speaks directly to them but opens up the truths of His Word day by day as they walk in intimate fellowship with Him. Romans 8:9 But if God’s Spirit lives in you, you are under the control of your spiritual nature, not your corrupt nature.Whoever doesn’t have the Spirit of Christ doesn’t belong to him.

Sorry Ron, you are a natural man and you cannot understand the ‘things’ of God by virtue of your own admission that you are an Unbeliever. You can however change your mind and accept the New Birth as outlined in John 3 by Jesus Christ Himself. You had no choice in your first birth … you were just born and at birth you were born separated from God! You DO have a choice in your second birth which is essential if you want to finally ‘connect’ with the Living God … your choice … this is His desire for you, but nevertheless, the Second Birth is YOUR choice alone.

See 1 Corinthians 2:10 God has revealed those things to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches everything, especially the deep things of God. 11 After all, who knows everything about a person except that person’s own spirit? In the same way, no one has known everything about God except God’s Spirit. 12 Now, we didn’t receive the spirit that belongs to the world. Instead, we received the Spirit who comes from God so that we could know the things which God has freely given us. 13 We don’t speak about these things using teachings that are based on intellectual arguments like people do. Instead, we use the Spirit’s teachings. We explain spiritual things to those who have the Spirit.[b] 14 A person who isn’t spiritual doesn’t accept the teachings of God’s Spirit. He thinks they’re nonsense. He can’t understand them because a person must be spiritual to evaluate them. 15 Spiritual people evaluate everything but are subject to no one’s evaluation.16 “Who has known the mind of the Lord so that he can teach him?” However, we have the mind of Christ.

Don’t be so foolish to think you have all of the answers it is obvious that you don’t. Even Jesus ‘neglected’ to answer some questions posed to Him (if you knew anything at all about the Scriptures). Often He would answer a question with another question which is just what I am going to do right now with you! It is appointed unto man once to die and THEN the judgment (Hebrews 9:27) … so when you stand before this God Who created all things and He asks you this ONE question … what will your answer be Ron?

“Ron, what have YOU decided to do about Jesus based on My revelation of Who He is … repeatedly and continuously to you throughout your life on earth?” Therefore YOU are without excuse …

• nancysalazar June 22, 2012 at 6:03 pm #

Hi Lynne! Thanks for your great comment. I heard someone who studies apologetics say the other day that you cannot throw down a pile of bricks and come back in millions of years and find a building erected. But you can take a building and come back in millions of years and the building will be a oil of dust. Science tells us that things disseminate as time goes. They do not create and establish. Our own bodies turn to dust and not become a bigger and better body. Yet atheists believe all we see came from nothing. Impossible without a miracle working God!

• Ron June 23, 2012 at 4:39 am #

And Nancy…what a cheap shot. I can see you smiling away as you wrote this, carting out some rubbish quote from ‘someone who studies apologetics’ and using it to form an argument. For shame! For shame on you!

Presuming you’re an intelligent human being (please don’t let me down), you know god doesn’t exist. You’ve seen all the evidence and arguments and debates in the last 20 years and you know that christianity is going the same way as all the other dead religions and belief systems of our ancestors. You now know evolution to be true (and you also now know the humiliating ramifications of referring to is as, ‘just a theory’) because you’ve seen the explanation of the word theory in scientific understanding. You’ve never seen a miracle and you’ve never spoken to god. You still keep up this pretence because it’s a tradition, a formality, a society, a club, if you will. It’s a social gathering. To leave the club would be tough, so you stay and fight it’s corner with the weak argument you posted above. But in reality, you know there’s no truth in the bible and you see the club membership diminishing.

No amputee ever had a limb grow back, no African child ever given food and water just by praying for it, no illness healed by prayer alone. Always an explanation behind everything.

But I come not in hate. It’s fun, sure, but I come here much like your messiah. To free people from the shackles of piety.

Read this and understand well.

There is no truth in the bible. Too contradictory, too provincial, too convenient. No evidence, no longevity, no proof.

You don’t HAVE to be religious to be a good person. Just go and have an awesome life. Worry not what the pious say, for they only seek to enslave you. I get nothing for asking you to free yourself. I want nothing. The preachers want donations and televangelists want blank cheques and big houses. I just want you to be free to THINK FOR YOURSELF.

Ron

• Ron June 23, 2012 at 4:25 am #

Lynne, thank you for you reply. It’s excellent reading and wonderful to hear someone else’s opinion. From what I can gather, you are passionate, have taken time with your response and are in disagreement with mine. Wonderful. Then I shall begin.

Please provide evidence that the book you refer to as ‘the bible’, was written/inspired by the same being that supposedly created human life and the universe as we know it. Please provide evidence other than, ‘Because it says so in the bible’, as that forms a double negative and renders your argument obsolete. Once you can show me how you know that the book you’ve read is indeed written by the same being that you claim created us as humans and the world around us, then we can begin to debate. If you are unable to provide proof of that, or refer to it as faith, then I’m afraid you have no leg to stand on.

To clarify. If you cannot show me that the bible isn’t just a book written by primitive, less intelligent human beings, referring to sources other than the bible itself, then you’ve lost before you’ve even begun. It would also show you that you’re basing the one life you have, on the dusty remnants of archaic thought processes instead of informed and well researched facts. Can’t WAIT to see your evidence.

Best,

Ron

• Ron June 23, 2012 at 4:42 am #

What have I decided to do about Jesus based on your revelation?

Nothing.

Hope this answers your question,

Regards,

Ron

15. Lynne June 23, 2012 at 7:38 am #

Ron … you are indeed a fool! Proverbs 14:1 The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.

Ron … you ARE a fool … and I am NOT! Therefore I will not argue with you but will shake the dust off my feet in your regard. As my poor old Granny used to say, “Convince a fool against his will and he is of the same opinion still.”

I have no obligation to ‘prove’ anything to you and if what Jesus has done for you isn’t enough then surely there is nothing more that I can do. As a matter of fact I know that I would not have taken the steps to save you that He did … just being honest! If that’s not good enough for you then you have made your own choice and will ultimately face a Christless eternity, which by the way is fitting for those who don’t want to spend time with Him here on earth! You refer to my “G”od with a small “g” and perhaps that is where the confusion comes in. The ‘god’ you are conferring with is not the GOD that I communicate with so we are both listening to different voices and therefore different messages.

Romans 5:6 You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7 Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

How puffed up you are Ron! You leave the onus on me to ‘prove’ that the Bible was written by God and THEN you will enter into a debate with me? I suppose you think I sit here with baited breath … once again you ARE a fool … God said so, you have proven it by opening your mouth and leaving NO doubt … and I believe it! I have been in ‘relationship’ with the Living God for more than 30 years and I have been an avid student and teacher of God’s Word for many, many years as well. You had best pick another subject that you have a mild grasp of since you obviously are most ignorant when it comes to the subject of Jesus Christ ,,, and it shows, your arguments are childish and laughable.

Have you ‘seen’ the wind? No, you haven’t but you have ‘seen’ the results of the activity of the wind. Wake up Ron … there is a God, and you are NOT Him! It is difficult not to feel contempt for someone with such distaste for Jesus and the Word of God, however, the truth is my heart goes out to you Ron, since you are so incredibly lost and without sense; like a headstrong little child having a tantrum.

To you Ron, without the Spirit of the Living God residing inside you, the book you call “The Bible” will be nothing more than ink on paper; lifeless to your dead mind. As I told you previously, it is the residing Author who moves the pages of “The Bible” just like the wind … and makes those Words come alive in the spirit of man. You are dead in your sins, you have no connection to either God or His Word … and the best thing about all of that is that this is YOUR choice, and you will one day be held accountable for this state you have chosen to reside in. Yes, Ron, even this message from me today will be a witness against you! Jesus Christ IS God’s evidence that He exists … if that’s not good enough for you then I have nothing better to offer you … and you remain a fool!

To correct your last response … In this life (before you die and face the Living God) you MUST make a decision about Jesus and you cannot do ‘nothing’ with Him … the correct answer from you will be “I REJECTED Jesus and every piece of evidence that I was given about Him”. Ah … then the Judgment … isn’t it nice to be in control Ron? Yes, indeed, then YOU will stand before the Living God knowing that the choice was ultimately yours and the ensuing judgment will be according to that choice! No second chances … therefore choose wisely while you are still on this side of the curtain!

• Ron June 23, 2012 at 9:27 am #

You no longer wish to debate/argue? Perfect. Then I shall make the following 5 short points and you’ll never hear from me again.

1 – A scientist will read hundreds of books in his life and still admit, he knows not all the answers. A pious person will read one ancient text and claim he knows everything. Ignorance is bliss, ey sweetheart??

2- Extraordinary claims, require extraordinary evidence. To claim the bible is real and then state that the burden of proof isn’t with you, is stupidity of the highest order, you twit. If I tell you that I believe bears can talk English and tell YOU to disprove it, you’d call me crazy. If you believe it to be real, then of course the burden of proof is with you…what logic do you have?! Oh yeah…right…I forgot!

3 – What can asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. If you claim it’s real but can’t back it up (minus the source material it comes from – double negative – remember, silly?!) then I can dismiss it without backing it up. And then we’re back to square one, where I’m living in the confines of reality and you’re having a 30 year relationship with an invisible friend.

4 – You failed to produce sufficient evidence to back up your claims or to continue the argument. The minute you referred to Proverbs, you rendered our debate null and void for referring to the book in question, that we are trying to trace the validity of, rather than pointing at ANY OTHER historic source material. However, I predicted you’d do that numb-nuts – just refer to point 1, you blithering ignoramus.

5 – I WIN! WOOOOO HOOOOOOO! Atheist 1 – Bible-bashing-weirdo-who-can’t-take-the-truth 0!!!! I knew you wouldn’t let me down Lynne you silly sausage, you!! Just like all the other pious, unread buffoons, you can’t see past the dusty pages of your ancient screeds. You’re a serf and proud…a slave and glad of your chains. All this wishy washy nonsense and nothing to back it up. NOTHING. That’s gotta stick.

Know this, Lynne. You will want to respond, you will be dying to respond, desperate even. But don’t bother. I won’t be reading it or writing back. This is the last communication between us. And I have won. AND had the last word! YESSSSSS!!

Therefore I sign off with actual human love. Pejorative, derisory and inflammatory though my vitriolic diatribe must have appeared, it’s all truth. And whether or not you choose it is up to you. The difference between us is this. For my belief, you feel I will face some celestial Judge Judy (loooove that show). For yours, I know you’ll face none, good or bad. When you die, that’s it. You’re dead. But I HOPE, that in the intervening time you have left, you shake off the dust of primitive thought processes, you spread your wings within the wonderful world we have here and you see it all for what it really is. A f**king beautiful and fascinating existence.

Go enjoy it, guilt free. Nobody is watching. I promise.

Ron

The atheist-blood-donating-dictionary-reading-planet-loving-man.

• Ben June 23, 2012 at 7:03 pm #

If you don’t believe in God then why are you trying so hard to prove wrong what you claim to not exist

• Christina June 30, 2012 at 11:39 am #

God be with you Ron, may the Lord bless you abundantly. May He reveal Himself to you. God, in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior I rebuke the enemy from Ron’s heart, for He cannot see or understand (John 8:42-48). I pray humbly before You God, thank you for your unabounded grace and glory. You loved me Lord, when I too was blind. I pray that the Holy Spirit would speak to his heart in this season of his life. In Jesus Christ’s name I pray. Amen.

16. Lynne June 23, 2012 at 9:35 am #

TETELESTAI

17. nancysalazar June 23, 2012 at 8:27 pm #

Hi Ron!

I had religion from the day I was born till I was 18. My mom made me go Every Sunday. After age 18, I never went back, When I was 26 years old, I was on a bus by myself and told God, “If you are really real, touch my life.” From that day on, the Holy Spirit has been my helper, teacher, guide, comforter, and I can go on. God (the Holy Spirit), is in me.

Ron, do what I did. Just open your heart and ask God to show you if he is real. Write down issues in your life that would take a miracle to accomplish. Like, take this hurt from me that a girl I love put there.

Get read for a miracle!

18. Cindy Collins June 24, 2012 at 7:46 am #

Ron:
    “Methinks thou dost protest too much”
    Who are you really trying to convince?
    For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don’t believe, no proof is possible.
    “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”(Heb.11:1).

Scientist couldn’t see a germ before microscopes and would’ve stated no such thing existed, yet what germs can do and fighting them consume much of our lives today. Just because we can’t see, hear or touch it doesn’t mean it isn’t there.
    Hopefully, like Paul, Ron, with his devotion to whatever he believes, will turn out to be one of God’s great defenders. We can all pray that he will seek and find what I believe he is really searching for; which is what we all are really looking for — the Love of THE One and Only True God. There is a peace that comes with knowing, really knowing Him, that until you actually do so, you’ll never understand. So, when we allow our defenses down and ask for guidance and trust in God, He will show us what we long for. Understanding His Word and His Plan of Salvation is a gift that not everyone accepts. But when we do it’s life changing and not understandable to those who don’t, but He compels us to at least try and help others to understand. So Ron, whether you want it or not I’m sending a prayer for you and wish you the best and hope that you will become a warrior for the God of the Bible.

• nancysalazar June 26, 2012 at 5:35 pm #

Hi Cindy! Thanks for your comment. Great points!

19. Linus June 24, 2012 at 10:01 am #

Please, pass on this message. God bless you.

• nancysalazar June 26, 2012 at 5:34 pm #

Hi Linus! Thanks for your comment. I hope everyone does!

20. Bill Cantrell June 24, 2012 at 7:18 pm #

I would rather beleive in God And die to find that there is no God, Than not beleive in God and find he is real after I die, and it is to late.
    Once I was a lot like Ron, but he lead me to a wonderful woman who lead me to him. Now I look back at my life and I see where he protected me.

• nancysalazar June 26, 2012 at 5:33 pm #

Hi Bill! Thanks for your comment. Great Point!

21. Monique June 24, 2012 at 7:58 pm #

I don’t know if this was just a summer best series, but I just heard Dr. Jeremiah say this as well. June 2012… It still has impact even as it did in 2012

• nancysalazar June 26, 2012 at 5:32 pm #

Hi Monique! Thanks for your comment. It sure does have relevance. Thank God!

22. Farayi Muzari June 26, 2012 at 11:05 am #

That’s a great wake-up call for better spiritual warfare. Satan come against us disguised in things that make us feel good yet distructing our attention from God.

• nancysalazar June 26, 2012 at 5:31 pm #

Hi Farayi! Thanks for your comment. Good point!!

23. Connie Kelly June 27, 2012 at 2:37 am #

How awesome…but totally guilty

24. K1 July 4, 2012 at 6:53 pm #

Christopher Hitchens is dead and now understands his mistake. I derive no pleasure from this just sorrow that he did not see the light before his light was extinguished.

25. K1 July 4, 2012 at 7:06 pm #

This post became about bashing Ron. We are called to have compassion for men like Ron. When we resorted to name calling we gave him what he was looking for…angry condemning Christians.

26. Lynne July 4, 2012 at 8:28 pm #

I don’t believe that Ron received a ‘bashing’ on this post but rather I saw a number of Believer’s challenging his worldview with healthy debate. Ron rose to the challenge and was not met with ‘angry condemning’ Christians but was encouraged to search God’s Word for the truth. I pray that this is just what he will do since he was given much food for thought by several Believers. No one should be excited about another person remaining in bondage to sin … remembering that we have all been there at one time ourselves, and I don’t believe that this is the mindset of the people who challenged Ron’s current beliefs!

27. K1 July 5, 2012 at 5:31 am #

For the most part it was just as you say. But at some point Ron provoked someone to call him a fool. Despite whatever merit there may be in the charge, i do not know if you will ever impact someone of Ron’s outlook by name calling. He declared victory right after the name calling began and we have not heard from him since. I pray that I am incorrect about Ron, but my real concern is for the silent observers of this conversation. In what direction have they beem moved.

28. K1 July 5, 2012 at 5:50 am #

Our friend Ron is an agent provocateur and while I believe in the efficacy of touches, I think dealing with people like him required an expert touch and lots of patience. As for the rest of us, we are all brothers and sisters in Christ and I do not wish to be drawn into conflict over someone who’s purpose may have been to stir up dissention. This article is about marital relations. Can we get back to that topic?

29. Lynne July 5, 2012 at 7:12 am #

K1 – I take it you are referring to the quote of Proverbs 14:1 The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good. I merely copied and pasted the Word of God … which was not quoted in provocation. I believe that Ron maintained that there was no God … therefore God says Ron is a fool and I second that! Perhaps you should have entered into the debate with Ron yourself instead of taking the time ‘after’ the fact to condemn those of us who challenged Ron’s worldview and used scripture to substantiate our views. If you decide to remain silent the rocks will cry out!!! Sorry “K1″ but I disagree with your opinion and applaud all of the Believer’s who rose to the challenge and defended the faith with the Word of God!!

30. K1 July 8, 2012 at 8:42 am #

Ron or anyone else who is seeking God

If you earnestly are seeking God, I have a couple of resources for you to check out.

My church has an online course: Christianity 101.  Mcleanbible.org/101online

Also, checkout Ask Rev. This is where you can get your questions concerning Christianity answered . Don’t have the URL just now, but if you google Ask Rev you should find it.

God Bless, you fellow searcher, K1

31. EMMANUEL A July 26, 2012 at 8:54 am #

God will bless ur Ministrie in Jesus Name

• nancysalazar July 26, 2012 at 3:55 pm #

Hi Emmanuel A!

Thank you for your comment. And I pray that God will bless yours. Nancy

32. skhumbuzo September 15, 2012 at 12:54 pm #

Ds is rili gud 2 knw,dt mst of da tigz we do on a daily bases sumtyms tendz 2 bcum sumwt of da devil try 2 control our lives
    Let God b da lyt in ur lyf

• nancysalazar September 15, 2012 at 4:16 pm #

Hi skhumbuzo!

Thanks for your comment. Have a blessed day.

33. caleb ulasi December 22, 2012 at 11:10 am #

may the lord be with you all as we remain in christ jesus

• nancysalazar April 26, 2013 at 4:36 pm #

Hi Caleb Ulasi! Thanks for the comment and the blessing. Have a blessed day!

34. Ian Scott - Jesusbewithusall. May 15, 2013 at 8:40 am #

Dang! I’m touched in more then just my heart, praise the lord!! 12/25/Infinity, I Love you jesus you make me feel complete! xoxoxoxox I miss you so much when you leave to work! I love you so much!!! omg you da best!
    Best arti-cle ever!!!
    I Love this stuff makes me feel great!

N u forgot satans secret s’agenda

dont ever let him into your life in these ways for any reason for any time, or anyone, anyvrre/

One1.Take that number 6 off your keyboard,

Keyboarding companies have been using this trick 4 years, Relaly! I mean think about it, 666 and the number 6, They are almost the same thing!!!! Please dno’t purchase keyboards with this on them anymore. Ever.!.!.!

2.TWo. Stay awaay from the commercials! I saw on utube that their can bee some subliminineminemal messages, i cant spel tha but you know what I mean!! xoxoxo , But keep away from his and hims secret agents through the mesages in the commercials. BE CAREFUL OUT THEREIRE!

God bless and thnak you for the article so much, lord be with us all to defend us from this war we are fighting, every sunday i report to training and i will become one of the strongest assets to our chrisxtain army, god bless, god bless, God Bless WITH YOU ALL!

35. Cornelius John Qoryo July 18, 2013 at 12:47 pm #

Thank You Lord Jesus for this enlightment,guide and protect us oh Lord ,open our minds and keep Your lamp light in our Spirit and Soul every time,lead us to Victory oh Lord, my God and my reedemer-Amen

• Sizwe August 21, 2013 at 1:47 am #

Let us pray for Ron and John and show them love in hopes that GOD can touch their hearts one day. Our mere human minds alone cannot comprehend the things of GOD. The one proof I have of the bible are the things happening these days that the bible warned us about, i.e the rate of violence, sexual impurity, love of money, etc.

36. OLUSEGUN IBIKUNLE November 25, 2013 at 2:03 pm #

My name is Olusegun Ibikunle Sir. I am writing a christian book for the edification of the Body of Christ with regards the endtime. I would like to have permission to run your “12 THINGS SATAN DOES TO GET VICTORY OVER CHRISTIANS” in the book.

• nancysalazar December 1, 2013 at 1:50 pm #

Hi Olusegun Ibikunle! Thanks for your comment. I did not write this and I don’t know who did. It was given to me. I have been told that Dr. David Jeremiah has used it on his radio program. You might ask him if you can publish it. Blessing for your Christian book project.

37. Steve February 8, 2014 at 9:18 am #

This comment is directed at Ron. He’ll never see it but that’s ok. Ron, think of someone who has cancer. Do you attack the person? No…you love the person and attack the cancer. The same goes with religion. These are GOOD people but they are sick. They need love, patience, understanding and time to see that they are sick. I think you may have done more harm in reinforcing this sickness with the people here rather than do anything positive to start healing them.

I was like you once. Frustrated that people could not see the truth. But that frustration was ill placed and focused on the people and not the sickness. Frustrated and sad about what religion does to our world. The hurt and pain.

One day we will live in a world where people are free…where the world is full of love. It will take time. Religions are so rooted deep it will be hard. But every day I see the signs that religion is losing its hold. For that I am glad and see hope.

More and more children are growing up without the guilt placed upon them. Knowing they are responsible for their lives. The people who cling to their sicknesses are…well…dying off. I hope many are heeled before they do….but at least if not they die and are gone…their ideas with them.

I love the people here. They need help. They need patience. They need to honestly reflect on the lies they have been told. I hope they all will.

But Ron, ease up a bit. Change your style….remember….you catch more flies with honey. :-)

38. Nicholas February 20, 2014 at 12:12 pm #

11 and 12 speak to me.

• nancysalazar April 14, 2014 at 5:38 pm #

Hi Nicholas! Thanks for your comment! They are definitely great for self examination.

39. Danny March 18, 2014 at 2:45 pm #

I think we are all atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. By your own admission you were brought up this way, it must be very hard to break from religious family culture. Good luck on your journey to understanding life and your purpose here! Just remember, you don’t have to be part of a church or religion to do good and bring real change in this world. Peace and Love

Danny

• nancysalazar April 14, 2014 at 5:44 pm #

Hi Danny! Thanks for your honest comment. I was brought up religious but I was not a “born again” Christian. It wasn’t till I asked God that if He was real, to reveal himself to me. That is when he changed my heart, mind, and opened up my of understanding. God’s word tells us to “not forsake the assembling of saints” so He wants us to attend church. Give God the same opportunity that you gave to atheism. Go see the movie “God is NOT dead.” You will love it. The professor explains your point.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. HELP FOR THE HEART | a nobody in THE HANDS OF AN AWESOME GOD - June 21, 2012

[...] Satan said to a convention of Demons, “As long as Christians stay close to God, we have no power over them.  So here are 12 things you can do to get victory over Christians.” 1)  Keep them busy with non essentials. 2)  Tempt them to overspend and go into debt. 3)  Make them work long hours to maintain empty life styles. 4)  Discourage them from spending family time together, for when their homes disintegrate there is no refuge from work. 5)  Over stimulate their minds with television and computers, so they can’t hear God speaking to them. 6)  Fill their coffee tables and nightstands with newspapers and magazines so they have no time to read the Bible. 7)  Flood their mailboxes with sweepstakes promotions and get rich quick schemes to keep them chasing material things.  Put glamour models on TV  and on magazine covers to keep them focused on outward appearances.  That way they will be dissatisfied with themselves and dissatisfied with their mates. 9)  Make sure couples are too exhausted for physical intimacy so they will be tempted to look elsewhere. 10)  Make Santa and the Easter bunny bigger than Jesus to divert them from remembering the real meaning of the holiday. 11)  Involve them in good causes so they won’t have time for eternal ones. 12)  Make them self  satisfied. Keep them busy working in their own strength so they’ll never know the joy of God’s power working through them. Remember my demons, keep them busy!  Busy!  Busy!  Because we know what it stands for: *  B=BEING *  U=UNDER *  S=SATANS *  Y=YOKE This article was supplied by Lisa Banks. http://loveyourspouse.org/2011/05/15/12-things-satan-does-to-get-victory-over-christians/ [...]

2. Thought For The Day 02/16/13 « MandysPath - February 15, 2013

[...] (http://loveyourspouse.org/2011/05/15/12-things-satan-does-to-get-victory-over-christians/) [...]