DOUBLE CELEBRATION

29 Jun

DOUBLE CELEBRATION

Today there is a double celebration for me.

The second celebration is that it was my 46th  wedding anniversary this past Saturday.  I met my husband in September of 1965.  I was walking home from school and my older brother Augie introduced him to me.  Shortly after that day, my older brother and him were in a band together.  Every day Richard would come to my house for band practice and we became friends.  I thought he was such a nice guy but I never thought he would be interested in me. I remember thinking that he was the type of guy I could be married to the rest of my life.  About three months later he asked me out on a date and I graciously accepted.  We dated about 4 years and on June 27, 1969 we got married.

My father left our home when I was 13 years old.  He told me that he would be at the church to give me away on my wedding day.  My dad never showed up that day to walk me down the aisle, but I didn’t let it bother me.  It was still the happiest day of my life because I was going to marry my best friend, my soul-mate and the man that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

Six years after we got married, we both became “born again” Christians.  We are not just building a life together, but we now partner with God to build the kingdom of heaven.

It has been 46 years of working through the issues of the day and learning to love each other as we move closer to our goals.

GOD GETS THE GLORY FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE IN OUR LIVES.

NOTE:  Don’t miss tomorrows post.  Daily there is a new post.

Advertisements

7 Responses to “DOUBLE CELEBRATION”

1. Blanca Gonzalez June 29, 2015 at 6:18 am #

Jgonzalez2121@yahoo.com

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

From:”LOVE YOUR SPOUSE” Date:Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 5:11 AM Subject:[New post] DOUBLE CELEBRATION

nancysalazar posted: ” DOUBLE CELEBRATION Today there is a double celebration for me. The first celebration is that I am approaching 250,000 views on my blog.   Thanks to everyone who has been a part of reading a new post everyday. The second celebration is that it was”

2. Ruby June 29, 2015 at 6:50 am #

Happy Anniversary! May God continue to use you and give you wisdom to keep writing your blogs!! May He continue to bless your marriage, ministry and family! ❤️❤️❤️

• nancysalazar June 29, 2015 at 7:59 pm #

Hi Ruby! Thanks for your thoughtful comment! I appreciate your blessing!

3. Rebecca carpintero June 29, 2015 at 9:41 am #

Congratulations on your blog and Happy Anniversary ! May the Lord continue to bless you and use you in mighty ways as you are a blessing for many marriages including mine. Have a blessed day!

• nancysalazar June 29, 2015 at 8:01 pm #

Hi Rebecca! Thank you so much for your kind words! So glad you are “fighting the good fight” for your marriage! We are on the winning side!

4. Monica Berumen June 29, 2015 at 5:31 pm #

What a blessing sis nancy wow thank you lord many more years added to you and pastor Richard

• nancysalazar June 29, 2015 at 8:04 pm #

Hi Monica! Thank you so much for your awesome comment! You are such an encouragement to me! Love you!