FIGHT LIKE A GIRL!

14 Mar

Today we are going to learn to fight like a girl, wives.

When I first accepted Christ, there was a verse that drove me nuts!!!

I really wanted to rip it out of my bible.

It was Ephesians 5:22 “Wives submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.”

I drew the conclusion that it meant I was not to have an OPINION or a PERSONALITY.

It seemed like everywhere I went, somebody was teaching on “submission.”

BOY WAS I WRONG!! THAT IS NOT WHAT IT MEANS AT ALL!!

The apostle Paul was continuing his thought from Eph.5:21 “Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.”

In this scripture Paul was letting everyone know that they must submit to each other in order to accomplish something for the kingdom of God.

In Ephesians 6, Paul had spoke about CHILDREN submitting to their parents.

Paul was trying to show the great importance of the Christian marriage and he expressed the importance of a wife to submit to her husband.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

It means that you recognize there is an order of authority in the family.

It shows that you recognize that there is an order of authority in the Christian family and as a wife, you are a part of an ordained TEAM.

You are NOT more important than the working team.

When you submit to God, it means that you recognize that authority.
When you submit to the police, it means that you recognize that authority.
When you submit to your employer, it means that you recognize that authority.

Submission does not means INFERIORITY or SILENCE!!

Submission means sub-mission!!

In other words girls, it means that you are on a MISSION!

WE ARE HERE TO CHANGE THE WORLD!!

Our “mission” is to OBEY and GLORIFY our LORD.

That “mission” is more important than your individual desires.

You are not putting yourself under your husband. You are submitting yourself under the commission of God for your family

What do the words mean, ”…as unto the LORD

1. Your submission to your husband is part of your Christian walk.
2. This is a different way of life for you, that sets you apart.
3. This has nothing to do with your husbands intelligence, giftedness or capabilities.
4. This has nothing to do with whether your husband is right on a particular issue. It has to do with Jesus being right.

If you are not married, you better find a guy you can respect. RESPECT!

You might say, “Why should I obey him if I think he is wrong?

SUBMISSION IS TESTED IN DISAGREEMENT!!

How would you know that you are submissive if nothing ever happens in your marriage that you DISAGREE with?

Fight like a girl, fight for your mission!

SUB-MISSION IS A MISSION!
SUB-MISSION IS A MISSION!
SUB-MISSION IS A MISSION! FIGHT FOR YOUR MISSION!

NOTE: Don’t miss tomorrows post. Daily there is a new post.

10 Responses to “FIGHT LIKE A GIRL!”

1. Michelle March 14, 2011 at 5:15 am #

Very well put!

2. nancysalazar March 14, 2011 at 5:35 am #

Hi Michelle! I will agree with you. Lol!! It is very hard to talk about submission. I know as a new Christian it really bugged me to hear that word. God supplied this post as he has done all the rest and by faith He will continue to do. Thanks so much for you comment. You have been a blessing to my life today!

3. Regina Gonzalez March 14, 2011 at 7:46 am #

Ephesians 5:22….I must admit this scripture was always a hard pill for me to swallow too….in the beginning of my salvation any way…thank God not any more, which I know is one of the reasons why God began to do miracles in my marriage…oh don’t get me wrong I am still tested on this and I can’t say I have mastered the submission part….(being that I have so much to say about everything!!!.. lol ) I thank my God, that HE will put me in my place when I do fall short in the area of submission….In my 31 years with my husband I have learned that the lack of my submission to him, is the beginning of the breakdown and chaos in my home…..THANK YOU for the reminder…this scripture is a beautiful pearl that all us women must WANT to wear…

• nancysalazar March 14, 2011 at 1:12 pm #

Hi Regina! Thanks for your great comment! I always think that pastors wives have more opportunities to submit or not submit than the average wife. On top of our personal family, we have the whole church to run. There are a numerous amount of decisions that could triger arguments. I chose to submit because of my love for God, but it is still a struggle because of the flesh. It feels so good when I do because no matter the outcome, I have maintained a relationship with mu husband and God. I keep telling myself, HOLD THAT TIGER!!! LOL!!

4. martha navrro March 14, 2011 at 11:31 am #

Hallelujah to the Lamb, I don’t know if it is so much the submission part, or the fact that “I have so much to say about everything” to quote Gina, Learning to be silent when it is not necessary to speak that is the key. I appreciate this post. And my eyes physically and spiritually are on “THE MISSION”. thank your for your invaluable input into our lives. Love you. Your Friend in Christ. Martha

• nancysalazar March 14, 2011 at 1:17 pm #

Hi Martha! Yes, it is all about keeping our eyes on the mission. I often hear Gods gentle Spirit say to me, you won’t like the outcome if you make that comment. Then I am so thankful for His Holy Spirit that continues to be a guide in our lives. Isn’t God good?!?

5. jocelyn udell March 14, 2011 at 12:11 pm #

Its so easy to lose the objective of my mission. Many times(lol) i’m like a pilot who loses my way through the storms which cause limited visibility but thank God that He is my air traffic controller who guides me back to the right direction so that I can take my precious cargo to their destination.

• nancysalazar March 14, 2011 at 1:20 pm #

Hi Joy. That is a good observation. Your mission is those cute darlings of yours also. Continue in the path you are going. Thanks for the great comment!

6. Lawann Randall March 14, 2011 at 4:42 pm #

Wow! When I first got saved I would hear married women complain about how much they hated the scripture on submission to their husbands. I would look at them and think they were really trippin! I am glad that in the years I have been saved I have learned what it really means.Yea I am still going to go through it but I’m glad to be able to learn from all the info you have about marriage Nancy. But does God have some work to do on me.

• nancysalazar March 14, 2011 at 4:52 pm #

Hi Lawann! God has work to do on all of us. We are all still in the works! LOL!! It is all about partnering with the Holy Spirit and denying our flesh to further the kingdom of God. It will never be an easy road here but it sure does feel good to know we are serving the KING OF KINGS!! YES!!!!