HELP! THE DEVIL WANTS ME ANXIOUS (Part 1)

28 Feb

HELP!! THE DEVIL WANTS ME ANXIOUS (PART 1)

Let’s first start out with some pretty startling statistics.

According to the American Institute of stress, 75 to 90 percent of all visits to a primary care physician’s office are related to stress disorders.

Feelings of stress are driving us to the pharmacy shelves.

Every year Americans are consuming:

5 billion tranquilizers,

5 billion barbiturates,

3 billion amphetamines, and

16 tons of aspirin every year.

Much of this “medicine” is being taken to help alleviate stress or the resulting headaches and pain associated with stress!

We will get back to more statistics, but lets see what Gods word says about solving the problem.

Phil.4:6 “be careful for nothing…”
The Greek word for “careful” is pronounced mer-im-nah’-o and it means to be anxious about.

In other words, the verse means not to be anxious about ANYTHING. Not finances, not time, not work, not family, not friends, not health, not food, not circumstances or our husbands, are we to be anxious about.

HOLD THAT TIGER!!!

Sounds hard? For our flesh, it is extremely hard. This is why we need the leading of the Holy Spirit in our lives.

Remember that the Holy Spirit is our teacher, guide, comforter and anything that we are not, HE IS. Isn’t that great!! The lover of our soul!

WHAT TO DO WHEN ANXIOUS

#1 Earnest prayer

Phil.4:6 “…but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.”

The word “supplication” in the Greek means requests.

The word “thanksgiving” in the Greek means with gratitude.

In other words, we are to take everything including our anxieties to God, requesting with gratitude to Yahweh Yireh, our provider.

#2 Trust God for Peace of Mind

Phil.4:7 “And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”

In the Greek, the word “peace” means rest. The word “understanding” in the Greek means of the mind.

So it means the rest that God will bring to your mind cannot be understood by our intellect.

In other words, we are too dumb to understand it. LOL!

I AM SORRY. It is just that it has happened to me so many times that it is almost embarrassing. God will tell me not to worry. My stubborn flesh says, “Well, if you don’t worry and don’t take care of it, who will take care of it? No one cares but you!” Then I start worrying again. But when I start crying out to Gods precious Holy Spirit, I have peace again.

#3 Think on Positive Thoughts

Phil.4:8 “Whatsoever things are TRUE, whatsoever thing are HONEST, whatsoever things are JUST, whatsoever things are PURE, whatsoever things are LOVELY, whatsoever things are of GOOD REPORT, if there be any praise, think on these things.”

When we feel anxiety, it’s a sign that we need to RELAX!

Use the word of God to relax with. IT WORKS EVERY TIME!!

Let’s be real now. So many times we are stressed about things that are not important at all.

If you are the type of woman who visits with her family all the time whether it is on the phone or seeing them, don’t bring their problems home. A man is not equipped to deal with a womans emotions. He can’t feel what she is feeling because he is a man. Just like you can’t get all excited about opening up the hood of a new car and start checking out all the nonsense that is going on under the hood. Yet, you expect him to be sensitive to every member of the family and what their children and their children’s children are going through. GIVE IT A REST!!

I have never met a young man who couldn’t wait to get married so he could be MOTHER MACREE to the family.

When we first got married, my husband could always tell when I had a family visit on my day off. I would come home in a mood.

Or you might be the type of wife that wants him to solve problems for your girlfriends at work or church. When he doesn’t you feel he is being selfish.

LET THE ANXIETY GO!! You will bury your marriage, one shovel at a time

NOTE: Don’t miss tomorrow! We will continue on this marriage killer, ANXIETY.

8 Responses to “HELP! THE DEVIL WANTS ME ANXIOUS (Part 1)”

1. michelle torres February 28, 2011 at 2:26 pm #

wow.. this is awesome… i dont want to say that i struggle with anxiety but it tries to creep on me at times… When i had my son in 2009 his birth brought tons of anxiety to me.. during that time i had high blood pressure and after i was always scared i still had that problem… days after i had to go back to the hospital because of an anxiety attack.. i was prescribed a sleeping aid and something for the anxiety but i grew up seeing someone i loved addicted to those very thing i refused to take them and would constantly be praying in my mind and would just quote scriptures.. i can remember the day that God spoke to me and took away my anxiety and placed it with PEACE (nothing like his peace)… But it took about 6 months of constant prayer and looking up scriptures and memorizing them for that to take place… i believe now that the devil tries to use my fears to take me away from God and his peace.. I honestly believe that it is a mind game and once i recognize it i do what i know and start praying casting my cares to the one that cares for my everything… but i always get something new from these blogs.. thanks for sharing…

• nancysalazar February 28, 2011 at 3:56 pm #

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. You are a living testimony. That is exactly how he tries to get us addicted. Then everytime we get upset, the devil tells us that the solution is in our medicine cabinet. Really proud of you, and I am sure that the thousands of woman who are reading this will be also.

2. Lisa Oyebande March 1, 2011 at 1:32 am #

Awww this is especially food for my soul at the moment,the timing could’nt be more perfect.After we visited you in November,, well lets just say the enemy was waiting for us when we got off the plane,, I had been up and down in this area, then I stared my new year Bible reading and experienced, again, lol relaxing in God,s Word, its so true, that is the key.

This blog is fantastic I’m so encouraged as I’m reading the words I can hear sister Nancy voice not mine its as though you visited me this morning an gave me a little nugget for the day thank you an looking forward to more reading, an learning about marriage as we celebrate 10 yrs in March

• nancysalazar March 1, 2011 at 5:29 am #

Hi Lisa! Glad to hear they are ministering to you. God is great and he has great timing. He knows what we need at the right time. Thanks for your encouraging comment. Keep going and continue to stay focused on God.

3. michelle torres March 1, 2011 at 9:49 pm #

so i totally had a test tonight! help!! Lol well as i said before ive experienced anxiety and especially in the same situation as tonight.. I went to the mall tonight and LOST my keys… The last time i lost my keys i was afraid to go back to that store for months but through these blogs i totally conquored lots tonight… I told myself RELAX we got another set and prayed for god to just bring my keys to me.. After circling the mall A lady found my keys and asked if i was looking for them… But the husband was still mad i lost them so was showing it with words and actions… Im usually quick to fight back and speak my feeling and want the last say… But i just kept quiet and thats a first… Lil nuggets from these blogs came straight to me.. Thanks for all your time and these blogs, words cant express how grateful i am…

• nancysalazar March 2, 2011 at 5:39 am #

Wow Michelle! I am so proud of You. I go into another world when I lose my keys. I have to talk to myself also. You did a great job. I’m sure your comment will be a great testimony to many people. We can do it when we let God do it!!!!

4. Anxious August 23, 2011 at 1:40 am #

Okay – i dont know what happened that caused me to actually write all of this down on your blog. I suppose it is good to see some reinforcement of the relax in the peace of Christ. I have spent the last 2 months and more reading and listening to scripture, sermons, and blogs such as this. This is the first time i have attempted to write something like this down where someone else could see. If you do not feel like responding, i understand, but please pray for me. Please pray for peace for me. I am praying hard right now that God gives me his peace, and rids my anxiety.

I knew it was against God’s will when i began dating my atheist husband. (At the time he claimed agnosticism, and that he just didn’t believe in God, but that he wanted his children raised in a church and that he valued my faith. Bah – i knew that he wasnt a christian and all of this is just more excuses for my actions.) After premarital sex, and pregnancy – we married. I have been married to him for 3 years and together with him only 6 months more. From the beginning of our marriage, (slightly during the honeymoon – but mainly after) I got to see my husband’s idea of love. Sex was always something animalistic. During our marriage – he has only been loving during sex on VERY few occasions. In fact – he only truly told me he loved me during sex one time – and feigned it two others. Throughout our marriage, i have delt with my husband briefly showing me attention and affection, only to take it away when i did something that he did not like. (This even boils down to me sleeping in when he wanted to one day.) He has punished me, controlled me, and lied to me. He lies about almost everything. He is against God. He has books on the Devil. He believes that truth is completely subjective, and answers to no one. I have spent years working on myself. Either i see something that i could be doing better, or he suggests something – such as me being controlling, or not paying attention to his feelings. I will be the first to admit that i screw things up. I make mistakes and have to sincerely apologize and repent for the things that i do wrong. When he said that i was controlling, i addressed the issues, and came to him to help keep me accountable. He did not want to – and i worked through those things on my own. After working through them, he did not acknowledge that i had worked through them, but he never called me controlling again. His family has treated me horribly, and because my husband wanted to be with them on a holiday – even when he agreed to spend the holiday as our own family, I went with what he wanted. My husband however will not apologize without blaming me. If something is his fault, it must be because i have done something wrong first. He lies, and then when confronted, just lies even more. He feigns emotional responses when he thinks he is losing control. I have worked on myself, and continue to. When i see something i am doing wrong, i work to not only stop doing the wrong thing, but i work to do something better. I try to see my husbands side of things. I attempt to show him love through all things. I try to accept him as he is, and change myself. It does not matter that i am calm and logical when i talk to him about anything bothering me. If i tell him that there is something he can do to help fix a situation, he chooses not to do it, just because i said that it is what i want or need. I attempt to have good conversations and interactions with him, but he devalues them, and chooses his work or his computer or going to the bathroom over spending time with me or talking with me about ANYTHING. I have provided him with positive reinforcement, and just showing him love through my actions. I have presented him with many occasions to spend time with me in a positive way. He has turned almost all of them down – and the ones he didn’t turn down – he carried out begrudgingly and i ended up feeling awful. I have encouraged him spending time with the kids, and not even asking that he be responsible for them and he turns those opportunities down. When he comes up with something that he wants to do, he does it. I support things that he says he wants, and have even encouraged him to do things he loves on his own. Even in those cases, he does not act lovingly towards me. Nothing works. Nothing helps. He is withdrawn, dishonest, and extremely selfish. I have had enough. I am full of anxiety. I developed anxiety for the first time in my life after marrying my husband. I have been living in a prison. My husband and i recently separated. The relief that i have felt has been amazing. I am also sad and feel guilty. Due to this guilt, i almost allowed him to railroad me into moving back in and stopping the separation. Fortunately God showed me that his character in no way has changed, and that he was attempting to deceive me to get what he wanted. Then he exclaimed that it was useless. Then he kept up lying to me, and continues to over and over. After he had a seemingly “real” understanding that he lies and wanted to change… He turned around and lied to me, and blamed me for it.

My anxiety comes from living with someone who attempts to push me away from God. From someone who i feel i must submit, because of my vow. From giving and giving, and being beaten down because of it. Being used, being controlled, being kept.

My husband does not adhere to his vows to me. He expects me to lie down and deal with things. If i don’t – he manipulates things until i do. I refuse to let this be my life any more.

My anxiety comes from condemnation, and not conviction. I want to do what God wants, but only feel okay when i am not around my husband. This is the only time i feel free to worship God. When i read the bible – i am condemned to continue what i am doing, and depleting myself for the sake of my marriage vows.

How could a loving God want me to continue in this marriage?

• nancy salazar August 25, 2011 at 5:13 pm #

Hi Anxious! The choice as to if you should continue in this marriage or not is entirely yours. I must tell you that you should ask God first what he wants you to do. If we are worried or anxious about something then we are in fear, not faith. “…whatsoever is not of faith is sin.” (Rom.14:23b) So every action that doesn’t spring from faith is sin. THE ACT OF WORRY IS SIN!
      Our answer is in 1Pet.5:6-7 “Humble yourselves therefore under the might hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.”
      God wants you to humble yourself daily under him. As you do this you are acknowledging that he, and he only, has the mighty power you need. Then the words “due time” mean that you wait on God. Only he knows the extent of time but each hour is telling Him you have faith and put your trust in him. Next, you give him your problems. YOU DON’T TAKE THEM BACK! You can only prove to him that you know he cares about you by giving him all your problems. This includes anxiety. It works because it is his word.